SUMMER SURF COMPETITION 2017
2nd APRIL 2017
Terms & Condition
This is a legal document that affects your rights, please read carefully before signing. This agreement must be agreed to by all competitors.
For competitors under 18, a parent or guardian must have viewed this agreement and signed/agreed.
Refunds will only be given if the Event Director is notified by email or in writing prior to 5:00PM FRIDAY FEBRUARY 03, 2017. All refunds will incur a $10 administration fee per competitor. No refunds will be given after 5:00PM FRIDAY FEBRUARY 03, 2017.
I agree to compete in this event on the following basis:
1. I acknowledge that ocean swimming involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to overexertion, dehydration, heart attack, accidents with other competitors, spectators, course or weather conditions and other causes.
2. I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified my physical condition.
3. By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release extends to and includes World Series Swims and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
4. I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think desirable during or after the event and I agree I am responsible for the cost of that medical treatment.
5. I consent to event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media. I also understand that information of a biographical nature, including my name, date of birth, home state, results and interests may be released to the media in response to general requests.
6. I understand that compulsory insurance cover effected for participants in this event may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
7. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race-safety briefing) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety. I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
8. I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event. If using the baggage transfer service provided by the organisers, I accept the organisers will take all care but are not responsible for damage to or loss of my possessions
9. My registration is not transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete I agree to the terms and conditions of World Series Swims ‘Refunds Policy' listed above. If the event or any part of the event is canceled my registration fee is non-refundable.
10. I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by the event organiser.
11. I agree event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
12. I agree the event organisers have the right to refuse to permit me to compete at the event organiser's discretion, even if my registration is accepted.
13. I accept that the return of the computerised transponder is my responsibility. If I fail to return the timing transponder, I agree to pay the event organisers AUD$20.
14. I confirm that, by being the team captain, I have shown this Participants Agreement to my team mate and he/she has read, therefore understood and accepted the Participants Agreement and I am authorised by him/her to confirm these matters to the event organisers. Each participant has indicated their acceptance of the terms and conditions of this participant’s agreement by signing below.
15. I have listed below my medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of competing, despite these conditions